Free and impartial support to help people secure their rights
Our Advocacy Team provides information to disabled people and carers of all ages about benefits, health and community care, special education.
Our service is free, impartial and confidential, except when a person’s well-being is in danger.
We offer home visits to clients who require them, where language support may be available.
We can help you by:
- Identifying your problems
- Giving information and explaining options so that you can make your own choices
- Writing letters and making telephone calls on your behalf
- Assisting you with filling in forms, including benefit claims
- Identifying what you need to do next
- Supporting you and/or representing you at meetings with third parties
- Helping you to make complaints and appealing decisions you disagree with
- Taking action on your behalf in order to progress the case
- If we cannot deal with your issue we will provide information about other organisations that may be able to help and make a referral, if necessary
You can book an appointment to see an Advocate by calling 029 2036 8888 and choosing option 1.
The Advocacy Team delivers support through:
Advocacy in the Vale of Glamorgan
Diverse Cymru provides a free and independent advocacy service for disabled users of Adult Social Services who are residents in the Vale of Glamorgan.
How the service works
You will be able to gain access to an advocate who is non-judgemental, respectful of your needs, views and experiences, and who will listen, provide choices, represent and empower you.
Your advocate will assist you to gather relevant information and explain options available to you so that you can make your own choices and decisions.
We will act only on your instructions and will not take any action against your wishes. You can instruct your advocate to write letters, talk to people on the telephone or face-to-face on your behalf. Your advocate can support you to advocate for yourself or represent you at meetings, including the ones with authorities.
What can we help you with
- Obtaining community care that you need
- Supporting and representing you throughout the process of acquiring benefits such as: Personal Independent Payments, Employment Support Allowance, Pension Credit, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance
- Appealing decisions that you do not agree with, such as decision about your benefits or care
- Supporting you in acquiring an accessible home
- Making complaints about services
- Providing information on other organisations that may be able to offer support you
You can also contact the team directly through this form: