Cardiff BME forum meeting – Thursday 21st June
Are you a Black or Minority Ethnic person?
Are you from an organisation working on equalities?
The Cardiff BME forum can support you to have your voice heard.
The Cardiff BME forum aims to hear the voices of BME people in Cardiff and work together to improve the experience and environment for BME people living and working in Cardiff.
Next BME forum meeting
The next BME Forum is on:
Date: Thursday 21st June
Time: 9.30 am – 12.00
Place: Tiger room, @Loudon, Plas Iona CF10 5HW.
The forum is inclusive and open to all BME people and representatives from organisations working in the equalities fields in Cardiff.
Book a place to attend via: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the BME forum
The purpose of the BME Forum is to seek to improve the experience and environment for BME people living and working in the Capital/Wales, providing a collective voice for BME individuals in Wales. By:
- Strengthening consultation with and between BME people and communities on issues in order to enhance our ability to participate in decision-making and improve its effectiveness, and ensure equal access to opportunities, and
- Contributing to the development of culturally appropriate policies and services
The role of the forum is to provide an opportunity to discuss priorities for BME people and communities and develop strategies to improve the BME profile across the City/Wales.
- To consider reports and developments on diversity and equal opportunities issues affecting BME people and communities
- To help establish a programme of activities to celebrate and encourage respect for diversity
- To enable members to seek, offer and provide mutual support
- To link with decision makers and other networks and associations in Wales and the UK – including with the E&D representative on the Third Sector Partnership Council, Wales
The BME Forum is facilitated by C3SC in partnership with Race Equality First and Diverse Cymru.
You can view the agenda and minutes from previous meetings here.