Diverse Cymru offers an excellent consultancy service, tailored to the individual or the organisation. Read more to learn about our offer.
We provide one-to-one consultancy on any aspect of:
- Reaching diverse communities;
- Engaging and involving diverse people;
- Building equality into policies and practice;
- Building equality into projects and activities;
- Equality Impact Assessments; and
- Related equality and diversity topics.
Our range of equality and diversity consultancy services include:
Involvement and engagement events
We can assist you to hold inclusive and accessible events for service users, stakeholders and staff to share equality issues and concerns and solutions. We can arrange engagement events for diverse communities or assist you to plan and deliver your own events.
Topics we have delivered engagement events on include:
- developing equality objectives;
- recruiting a diverse workforce;
- strategic plans; and
- co-producing services and projects with diverse communities.
Diverse Cymru can provide a facilitator, help design relevant and open questions, recruit participants from our extensive network of contacts from across the protected characteristics or from specific groups, and provide feedback.
Our consultants can review and advise on your Strategic Equality Plan, and wider policies and procedures and assist you to develop an action plan to identify and implement the priorities.
Building equality into your project or service
Our consultants can assist you to design a new project or service or service change to fully build in equality considerations. We assist you in considering the ways your project or service design may create unintentional barriers and how you can maximise involvement and benefit from diverse groups.
Equality Impact Assessment
Members of our EIA group carry out independent reviews on your impact assessments for new or existing strategies, programmes, plans and policies to determine whether they create potentially adverse impact upon protected characteristic groups.
We can assist you to develop your own critical friends or advisory group to provide feedback on your services.
Presentations, lectures and seminars
We deliver presentations, lectures and seminars on a range of equality and diversity topics. If you’re looking for a speaker for a conference or staff training day on equality and diversity, please contact us. Topics we have previously delivered include:
- Social Model of Disability
- Engaging diverse communities
- Workforce diversity practice
- Equality objectives and Strategic Equality Plans
- Building equality into your services and projects
- Diversity in practice in film and TV
- Diversity in the arts sector
- Equality and diversity in education
- Direct payments policy and practice
- Linking equality and well-being
- Equality and the Well-being of Future Generations Act
- Delivering effective Strategic Equality Plans
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Equality research and its uses.