Do you use healthcare services in Wales?
Do you have something to say about how healthcare education should be designed and delivered in Wales?
Join Healthcare Education Improvement Wales (HEIW) and Diverse Cymru to talk about future healthcare education in Wales.
Healthcare Education Improvement Wales (HEIW) are currently in the process of looking at the contracts we have with the universities that provide healthcare training for us and would really value your input as a service user of the NHS.
This event is your chance to talk about:
- What should healthcare professionals be taught?
- How does healthcare education change your experiences of using health services?
- What equality and diversity issues should healthcare professionals know?
- How patients should be involved in healthcare education?
- What would you need a course to cover and look like for you to be able to train as a healthcare professional?
- Anything else you think should be in the new healthcare education contracts
Your views will help design the new education contracts in Wales.
This event is for diverse individuals and community groups and third sector organisations.
Free event. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
We can repay your local travel, access, childcare, replacement care and other reasonable costs for attending. Please contact us if you have any questions about costs.
Are these events for me?
We welcome people from all diverse backgrounds including:
- Disabled people (sensory, mobility, mental health and learning impairments and long-term health conditions)
- Black and Minority Ethnic people,
- Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual people
- Trans people
- People with different religions and beliefs
- Older people
- Young people
- People who are pregnant or have recently given birth
We also welcome community groups and third sector organisations with an interest in equality and diversity or representing any of the groups above.
How to book:
Please book your place at these events by
Phone: 029 2036 8888 and ask for Shelagh
Or by post to:
307-315 Cowbridge Road East
Please state any dietary or access requirements you may have when booking your place and which events you want to attend.