Disability Wales in partnership with the Wales Governance Centre and WCVA’s Brexit Forum project, are holding a roundtable discussion on the implications of Brexit for Disabled people and Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) in Wales.
The purpose of this event will be to discuss the implications of Brexit for disabled people in areas such as legal rights, health and social care and accessibility.
Informed by your views and leading experts in this field we aim to produce a briefing, also available in Easy Read format, to support with communicating information on Brexit relevant to the sector.
The roundtable will be joined by:
- Jeremy Miles AM, Counsel General and Brexit Minister.
- Jane Hutt AM, Deputy Minister and Chief Whip.
The event will see contributions from:
- Rhian Davies, Disability Wales
- Professor Anna Lawson a leading academic from Leeds University in the field of disability and equality law.
- Dr Emily Kakoullis from Cardiff University who specialises in International Disability Human Rights Law
- Charles Whitmore, Wales Civil Society Forum on Brexit.
When: Thursday 6 June – 13:30 to 16:30
Where: Room 0.22 at Cardiff University’s Postgraduate Teaching Building off Colum Road close to the business school.
Access by car will be through barriers – after which please follow the road right. The PTC is the 2nd building. Parking will be available.