Latest News


Have Your Say About Local Services!

The Co-Creating Healthy Change project helps people to share their views about health and social care services in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Listed below are some key ways in which people can have their say about local services and help influence change. Whether you have a personal concern to raise or a good idea about how to improve local services, there are lots of ways you can do this.

Speak to the Health BoardCardiff & Vale Health Board

If you have recently been to hospital, as an outpatient or inpatient in Cardiff or the Vale of Glamorgan, you can give feedback to the Patient Experience Team by completing an online survey. You can also speak to a member of staff in the Concerns Office at Cardiff and Vale University Health Board by phoning 029 2074 3301 or 029 2074 4095, or emailing Did you know that Health Board meetings are held regularly and are open to members of the public? At these meetings you can find out more about the work of the Health Board and how decisions are made. Dates of upcoming meetings are listed here. If you would like to attend, contact Julia Harper on 029 2074 3111 or email

Contact the Community Health CouncilCardiff and Vale Community Health Council

You can also share your views about health services by getting in touch with the Community Health Council. Their role involves scrutinising local health services and engaging with the public, as well as providing an Advocacy Service. The Advocacy Service can support you in raising concerns by giving you information about the NHS complaints procedure, making enquiries for you and helping you put forward a concern for investigation. You can contact the Advocacy Service by phoning 029 2037 7407 or email The Community Health Council also run Health Watch meetings to gather public opinion about services. If you’d be interested in attending these meetings you can fill out a membership form here or phone 029 2037 7407 for more information. This leaflet tells you more about how you can share concerns or complaints about NHS services in Wales, including how to contact the Public Services Ombudsman.

Talk to the Welsh Ambulance ServiceWelsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust

The Welsh Ambulance Service provides services including the emergency 999 system, transport to appointments, and NHS Direct Wales. You can share feedback on these services anonymously via their website here. You can also share any compliments or concerns about the Welsh Ambulance Service by submitting details online here, phoning 0300 321 3211 or emailing The Welsh Ambulance Service has a Partners in Healthcare Network to involve patients and the public in their work. If you are interested in joining the network, phone 01792 776252 (ext 45400) or email

Get in touch with Cardiff CouncilCardiff-Council

Connect 2 Cardiff (C2C) is the council’s contact centre which can provide you with help and information about their services. You can contact them by phone on 029 2087 2087 or 029 2087 2088 (Cymraeg). Alternatively you can send them a text message on 07967 222087. If you are deaf or hard of hearing and have a Minicom/Textphone you can contact them on 029 2087 2085. You can also share your views with Cardiff Council by joining the Citizens Panel. The Citizens Panel is made up of Cardiff residents who take part in surveys and workshops to help the council find out what they think. To join the Citizens Panel phone 029 2087 3217 or email You can also complete an online application form here. The Cardiff Debate is another way of sharing your views with the council. This is a 3 year consultation to find out people’s views about all public services in Cardiff. As well as community events, you can visit their website to share any ideas you have about improving public services and to take part in the Cardiff Debate survey.

Get involved with the Vale CouncilVale-of-Glamorgan-Council

Connect OneVale (C1V) is the Vale of Glamorgan’s contact centre who can be phoned on 01446 700111. You can also text 60066, starting your message with ‘C1V’. Residents in the Vale can also be involved in sharing their views with the council via Vale Viewpoint. Vale Viewpoint is a citizens’ panel whose members’ views help shape priorities and decisions about local services. Members are sent no more than four surveys each year. To join the panel, click here or email

Meet your local councillor

Councillors can help with issues and concerns about local services and many councillors hold drop-in surgeries where you can discuss matters face-to-face. To find out who your local councillor is in Cardiff, click here or ring Connect 2 Cardiff (C2C) on 029 2087 2087 or 029 2087 2088 (Cymraeg). If you are deaf or hard of hearing and have a Minicom or Textphone you can contact them on 029 2087 2085. To find out who your local councillor is in the Vale, click here or ring Connect One Vale (C1V) on 01446 700111.

Ask your Assembly Members (AMs)Assembly-wales-2

Members of the National Assembly can raise issues at the Assembly on behalf of individuals. Many AMs hold regular surgeries where you can meet them in person. Each area of Wales is represented by one local AM as well as four Regional AMs. You can find out who the AMs are in your area here or by phoning 0300 200 6565. Did you know you can ask AMs to raise questions on your behalf to the First Minister or Minister for Health and Social Services during the weekly Plenary debate? The Health and Social Care Committee at the National Assembly scrutinises the provision of health and social care services in Wales. Members of the public can watch committee meetings from the public gallery in the Senedd as well as online via Senedd TV. Upcoming information about topics for discussion at the Health and Social Care Committee is available online here. Members of the public who are interested in submitting evidence or information to the committee can do so by emailing SeneddHealth@Assembly.Wales. The Petitions Committee is another way in which you can share your views with the National Assembly. Did you know that only ten members of the public have to sign a petition for it to be considered by the committee? This leaflet explains the process of submitting a petition, the eligibility criteria and how the Petitions team can help you prepare one. To find out more you can phone the Petitions team on 029 2089 8998 or email

Speak to Diverse CymruDiverse Cymru - Hyrwyddo cydraddoldeb i bawb

If you’d prefer not to raise an issue directly with a service provider, you can get in touch with Diverse Cymru to take it forward on your behalf. You can send us your experiences anonymously through our online form. Diverse Cymru regularly respond to Welsh Government consultations on a range of issues, including health and social care. If you’d be interested in sharing your views or experiences to feed into our consultation responses, please contact Ele Hicks by emailing Our Co-Creating Healthy Change project runs events and forum meetings where you can meet health and social care service providers, find out information and share your views. For more information about this project, contact Shelagh on 029 2036 8888 or by email