Diverse Cymru is growing the Board of Trustees and we’re looking for fresh ideas, skills and experience to help guide the development and shape the future of a unique Welsh charity.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive recruitment process and organisational culture and, as such, we welcome and encourage applications from people from minority groups and traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
It is an exciting time to join the Board as Diverse Cymru continues to grow in stature and reputation across Wales, from the grassroots to Government levels, and we are seeking applicants with a broad range of skills to give our Board a truly strategic overview of the organisation and the third sector.
Diverse Cymru’s vision is to help create a nation without prejudice or discrimination, where every person is equal and diversity is celebrated.
We empower people through:
- Advice around welfare and benefits that helps people get the support they need.
- Direct Payments services that let people receiving social services care choose and manage the support that best suits their needs.
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Mental Health projects which improve understanding about mental health and the barriers that these communities face in accessing support and services.
We effect change through:
- Consultancy and Training that helps businesses, charities and the public sector, schools, universities and communities improve their diversity practice, increase knowledge and awareness of equality, mental health and well-being.
- Promoting stories and experiences from the lives of people facing inequality and advocating on their behalf, or connecting them with, politicians and decision-makers at the local and national levels.
- Working closely with a network of organisations and partners, including local councils and Welsh Government, which are also committed to the promotion and equality of protected characteristics groups.
Please apply in writing with a summary of your interests, previous work experience (paid or as a volunteer or trustee) and include a CV or a resume if you have one to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the HR Team, Diverse Cymru, 307-315 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF5 1JD.
For further information please contact William J. Smale, Chief Operating Officer on 029 2036 8888 ext. 227 or Jyoti Preet-Ryatt, HR Manager on 029 2036 8888 ext. 237.