Latest News

Vaccines – Frequently Asked Questions (West Wales)

The below information is only for West Wales. Click here for Bridgend information.

How do I get my vaccine? 
In West Wales, Personal Assistants will no longer be provided with COVID booking links.

If you have already submitted an authorisation form, and we have your telephone contact details on file, this will be submitted to Hwyl Dda University health board and they will contact you directly via telephone to arrange your COVID vaccine.
If you have not submitted an authorisation form, or we do not have your telephone contact number, you will be emailed today with a specific email address that you need to email in order to receive your vaccine. 

I have been trying to book and unable to get one as none available!  What do I do?

If you are having problems booking your vaccinations through the links, we ask that you do not contact us, we are only passing on information and have no control over the vaccination availability.

We will send out any further information as we receive it.

I have been refused my vaccine at the medical centre. What do I do?

Firstly, you should bring proof of work with you to the centre, this is to confirm you are an essential worker. This could be last month’s payslip, a contract of employment, or a letter from your employer.

If you are still refused, we understand that this is frustrating, but we ask that you do not contact Diverse Cymru in the first instance, we are not responsible for vaccinations and the actions taken in medical centres and are unable to do anything to support you. We ask that you raise this as a matter of urgency with your Health Board.

I am an unpaid carer. Can I get the vaccine sooner?

Please refer to Public Health Wales guidance, or contact your local Health Board. 

If you still have questions, contact us at